2 categories: under age 15 and ages 15-19
Entries to the 2016 5-Minute Film Contest are now closed!
Get Inspired! View our 2015 Contest Winners and read the terms of entry below.
TERMS OF ENTRY:
- This is an open contest — all genres of films are accepted. In the past, winners have included dramas, comedies, animation, documentaries, and unique films which could not be categorized.
- No professional filmmakers, actors, or other film – industry professionals may assist in the production of entries. This is an amateur contest.
- For category one, contestants must be aged 15-19 on Jan.1, 2016.
- For category two, contestants must be under age 15 on Jan.1, 2016.
- Films must have been made since Jan.1, 2015.
- Films must be no longer than 5 minutes in length. This includes credits.
- Your film may be played in a theatre for a public audience of all ages during the Powell River Film Festival, and proceeds from admissions will go to the Powell River Film Festival. Your film may be posted to our website www.prfilmfestival.ca our Facebook site or other websites, or shown in future screenings by the Film Festival. Winners may be asked to submit or upload a compressed digital file of their video for the internet as well as a higher resolution screening DVD.
- The Powell River Film Festival, its staff, volunteers, and sponsors accept no responsibility for any liabilities, injuries, accidents, or costs incurred in the production, processing or handling of your entry or incurred by you if you attend the Powell River Film Festival and Adventures in Film Camp.
- Films must be submitted and received by Friday January 8, 2016.
- Submission fee ($20) MUST be paid by submission deadline to be considered for the competition.
Contest winners may receive:
- A spot in the Adventures in Film Camp with instruction and mentoring from excellent media teachers and film industry professionals
- Passes to the entire Powell River Film Festival
- A discount on film camp fees covering all camp-related expenses(excluding travel to & from Powell River and personal purchases)
- An award and prize to be revealed at a public screening of the winning films.
- Award certificates can be prepared to recognize the contribution of more than one crew member. However, there may only be room for one crew person per winning film in the Adventures in Film Camp Feb. 19-21, 2016
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR ADVENTURES IN FILM CAMP?
As well as entering our 5-Minute Film Contest, you can contact your local Rotary Club to apply for a sponsorship covering film camp fees.