Open to BC Youth under age 19
Entry deadline: Friday January 19, 2018
No Entry Fee!
Entries are now closed. Winners will be announced after the Festival screening on February 18, 2018
Prizes Awarded in the Following Categories:
- Best Documentary ($100)
- Best Drama ($100)
- Best Experimental ($100)
- Best Editing ($50)
- Best Cinematography ($50)
- Best Script ($50)
- Best Sound Design ($50)
Tell Your Friends!
15-19 year-olds can apply for a spot in the Film Camp (Feb. 17-19, 2017) by contacting your local Rotary Club for full sponsorship, or by entering our 5-Minute Film Contest – or both!
Download the a poster for the 5-minute film contest-2018 to print and post at your school or club.
For more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS OF ENTRY:
- This is an open contest — all genres of films are accepted. In the past, winners have included dramas, comedies, animation, documentaries, and unique films which could not be categorized.
- No professional filmmakers, actors, or other film-industry professionals. This is an amateur contest.
- Contestants must be under age 19 on Jan.1, 2018.
- Films must have been made since Jan.1, 2017.
- Films must be no longer than 5 minutes in length. This includes credits.
- Your film may be played in a theatre for a public audience of all ages during the Powell River Film Festival, and proceeds from admissions will go to the Powell River Film Festival. Your film may be posted to our website www.prfilmfestival.ca our Facebook site or other websites, or shown in future screenings by the Film Festival. Winners may be asked to submit or upload a compressed digital file of their video for the internet as well as a higher resolution screening DVD.
- Depending on entries received prizes may not be awarded in all categories.
- The Powell River Film Festival, its staff, volunteers, and sponsors accept no responsibility for any liabilities, injuries, accidents, or costs incurred in the production, processing or handling of your entry or incurred by you if you attend the Powell River Film Festival and Adventures in Film Camp.
- Films must be submitted and received by Friday January 15, 2018.
LAST YEAR’S WINNERS:
If My Life Were a Painting
Emily Chan, Kayla Chutter, Darcy Hodgins
Chang, Chloe, Goyal, Aishu, Li, Amy, Kindrachuk, Mia
Camille Point, Katie McDonald, Tierney Schutz
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR ADVENTURES IN FILM CAMP?
As well as entering our 5-Minute Film Contest, you can contact your local Rotary Club to apply for a sponsorship covering film camp fees.